Sunday, April 28, 2013

Magnetic Poetry Kids!

I'm back on the blog! I've finally gotten over the Hoosiers loss in the NCAA tournament. Ha, just kidding! Life has just been busy and the spring is rolling. Spring break brought a trip to San Francisco and Napa Valley with some college friends, and post-spring break brought the start of the track season (I'm a coach for our 4th through 8th grade team!). And I've been training for a half marathon in my little bit of free time.

I've been working on lots of new projects, but just haven't had time to blog about them. First thing I'm going to share is a cool new magnetic sentence formulation/grammar resource I just bought. My husband and I were shopping in a pretty cool toy store for my niece's birthday, when I came across this:




The kit has tons of magnetic words: nouns, verbs, conjunctions, prepositions, and even morphological endings! I can already think of a million ways to use them, and I think the kids will like them.

The words come in sheets...

that you pull apart... 

There were so many words that I ended up sorting them into piles by parts of speech to make sentence creation a little bit easier.

Nouns, verbs, and prepositions, oh my!


The words will stick to any magnetic surface, including the tin they come in! I spy some nominative and possessive pronouns:


and present and past tense verbs!



And these are pretty cool: 

adding -s for plurals or third person singular verbs, 
-er and -est for comparatives and superlatives, 
-ed for past tense verbs, 
-ly for adverbs, 
aux. verb +ing structures, 
etc. etc. etc.


Let the sentence formulation begin! 


Yep, that's what I did! With my husband, too, but there's no word for that. Ha. Our half marathon is next week, so the training continues!

And I've got them all ziplocked and labeled to use with my kiddos.


Packed up and ready to go to school!

It's for sale on Amazon, too. You can check it out here: Magnetic Poetry Kid


This week kicks off the last round of state standardized testing for our kids. Happy testing, if you are too!

Check back again soon!

Mrs. Ludwig

No comments:

Post a Comment